When the proxy settings are obtained from the network, it is hard to find these values. Superuser shows a way to get them from the network. The easiest way is to just surf to the url http://wpad. If this does not work, first try to find the
Primary DNS Suffix in the output of
ipconfig /all. Try to reach
wpda."priamry dns suffix" and if that works, surf to
— see Superuser
To download a new image call:
$ python get-source.py image[:tag]
A list of images can be found at get-source.py.
A tool to switch between distributions is WSL-Distribution-Switcher.
It needs Pythin 3.0 and comes with tools to download, install and switch distributions.
- Turn on Developer Mode:
- Open Settings -> Update and Security -> For developers
- Select the Developer Mode radio button
- Enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux feature:
- From Start, search for “Turn Windows features on or off” (type ‘turn’)
- Select Windows Subsystem for Linux (beta)
- Enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux feature (command-line)
$ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
- Run Bash on Windows:
The installation location is